- Your privacy
- Your use of the website
- General disclaimer
- Choice of law
- Copyright and use of material
- Your comments
- Links and linking
- Exclusion of liability
- Contact details
1. Welcome to the Media Club South Africa website (www.mediaclubsouthafrica.com) (“the website”). The site is a free service for all media professionals – journalists, editors, writers, designers, picture editors and more – as well as for nonprofit organisations and private individuals. Its specific focus is on South Africa and Africa.
2. Brand South Africa respects the privacy of all visitors to this site. You may use this site without providing any personal information. However, so that Brand South Africa can continually assess the popularity of the site and improve it for our visitors, information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed and so on is collected.
The website undertakes to never sell or in any other way pass on to a third party any personal information provided by the user, or to send any unsolicited email or other forms of correspondence.
3. By accessing and using the website, you, the user, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that are set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
4. You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to: the commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful material.
5. You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk. Please read the Exclusion of Liability clause in this notice.
6. This website is owned and operated within the Republic of South Africa. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute.
7. Brand South Africa retains copyright of the website and all current and future content that is displayed on the website which is not owned by third parties.
In terms of a limited licence, Brand South Africa grants individuals and organisations, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download, copy, distribute, edit and republish the current and future content of the website on condition that credit is given to Media Club South Africa. If material is republished on a website, such credit must include a hyperlink to www.mediaclubsouthafrica.com. This credit must have the following format:
Source: Media Club South Africa
While the website owner grants the user permission to edit and/or republish content, this content may be used for editorial purposes only. Neither text nor pictures may be used for any commercial advertising or commercial marketing purpose, and may never be resold. Any attempt to make unauthorised use of or to falsify the text and pictures, or use aimed at the vilification of persons or content is not permissible.
8. We value comments received from visitors to our site. However, you agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments, and Brand South Africa is not liable to any third party regarding the content of your comments.
- Comments: Brand South Africa
- Comments: website
9. This website provides links to other websites. The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external link is done so at your own risk.
10. It is a term and condition of the use of this site that you expressly agree that the use of the site is entirely at your own risk. The website and all content on the website is provided on an “as is” basis, and Brand South Africa makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the accuracy of the contents on the website. Brand South Africa does not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components, although every effort is made to prevent this.
11. Brand South Africa, its directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by you the user, which arises directly or indirectly upon reliance of the website and/or its content.
12. Brand South Africa, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you related to your use of, or your inability to access or use, the content or the website or any functionality of the website or of any linked website, even where Brand South Africa is expressly advised thereof.
13. You will indemnify Brand South Africa, its owners, directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives, and keep them fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from your use of this website.
- Telephone: +27 (0)11 484 1400
- Fax: +27 (0)11 484 2111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Content-specific contact details related to the website:
- Mary Alexander
- Editor: Media Club South Africa
- Telephone: +27 (0)11 484 1400
- Email: email@example.com