All photographs in Media Club South Africa’s free photo library may be downloaded and republished free of charge in print publications – newspapers, magazines, books and the like – and on internet sites, subject to the following conditions:
1. In all cases, credit for the photograph must be given to both the photographer and the copyright owner, as indicated in the photograph caption. In most cases the copyright owner will be Media Club South Africa. This credit must appear alongside the image in both print and online publications, and must include a hyperlink to Media Club South Africa (www.mediaclubsouthafrica.com).
2. Where the photographer’s name is not provided by the Media Club South Africa photo library, it may be omitted. Credit for the photograph would in this case simply be Media Club South Africa or other relevant copyright owner, as indicated below the photo thumbnail.
3. Media Club South Africa photographs may not be used for any promotional, advertising or merchandising use, and may not be sold.
4. The photographs may not be materially altered. They may be cropped, deep-etched and colour corrected, provided that their editorial integrity is not compromised, but may not, under any circumstances, otherwise be rotated, altered, changed or tampered with, either manually or electronically, without the express written permission of Media Club South Africa.
5. In order to make use of this service free of charge, you must:
5.1 Acknowledge that all copyright in the photographs from the Media Club photo library rests in Media Club South Africa (or the copyright owner specified under the thumbnail image) and is never sold or assigned.
5.2 Acknowledge Media Club South Africa (or any copyright owner other than Media Club South Africa, as indicated) as the copyright owner and source of the photograph in a clearly legible manner alongside each photograph.
5.3 Acknowledge that Media Club South Africa photographs may not be used for any promotional, advertising or merchandising use.
5.4 Acknowledge that the photographs may not be materially altered, not may their editorial integrity be compromised.
5.5 Agree that 650 Euros/£500.00/US$1 000.00 is a reasonable penalty, payable by you to Media Club South Africa (or any copyright owner other than Media Club South Africa) in lieu of damages, for each use of a photograph not in accordance with or permitted by this agreement. You must further agree to make payment of each penalty on demand by Media Club South Africa.
- If you have additional queries about the image library, email Mary Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.