2010 Communication Partnership Conference
Our 2010 World Cup starts in 2006.
For the next four years, the eyes of the world will be on South Africa as we prepare for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
The biggest soccer event in the world provides South Africa with a unique opportunity to show the world that we are Alive with Possibility.
As custodians of Brand South Africa, The International Marketing Council of South Africa will hosted a one-day conference in collaboration with the 2010 National Communication Partnership Task Team in Johannesburg on 15 August 2006.
The conference gave invited marketers, communicators and other stakeholders from both public and private sectors a unique opportunity to coordinate communication messages as we move towards 2010, and to explore the potential for collaboration and partnerships.
- Opening Remarks (.pdf – 54KB)
– Dr Essop Pahad, Minister in the Presidency
- The Communication Opportunity, the Communication Responsibility (.pdf 660KB)
– Themba Maseko, CEO Government Communication and Information System
- Africa 2010: Continental opportunities (.pdf 1MB)
– Thaninga Shope-Linney, Nepad General Manager, Communications and Outreach
- A World Class African Cup (.pdf 14MB)
– Danny Jordaan, CEO Local Organising Committee
- Country Positioning (.pdf 26MB)
– Raul Peralba, Partner Director Trout & Partners
- Germany: Land of Ideas (.pdf 23MB)
– Mike de Vries, MD FC Deutschland GmbH
- Brand South Africa: Working together for a better future (.pdf 555KB)
– Yvonne Johnston CEO International Marketing Council
- Full programme
- Speaker profiles (.pdf)
This conference was being hosted in collaboration with the 2010 National Communications Task Team.