• As part of government’s Nine-Point Plan, South Africa remains committed to resolving energy challenges to enable, amongst others, industrialisation.
• Public sector infrastructure investment is projected to exceed R800 billion over the medium term
• South Africa is committed to investing in more integrated and efficient public transport. Government is also investing in infrastructure to enhance efficiency in the transport of goods to improve overall competitiveness.
• South Africa’s ranking in the WEF Global Competitiveness Index improved seven places to 49 out of 140 countries, thanks largely to increased bandwidth. South African telecommunication companies spend about R20 billion a year on infrastructure.
• Government is in the process of rolling out its digital migration programme.