You can get involved with Shalate Teffo of the children’s home, Dimphonyana Tsa Lapeng; Sandi Mazibuko of FabroSanz; and Sakina Mohamed of the Greater Rape Intervention Project, here:
Brand South Africa reporter
Asnath Teffo, mother of Shalate Teffo, founded the children’s home, Dimphonyana Tsa Lapeng, in Olievenhoutbosch, a township outside Midrand in Gauteng.
The NPO is featured on episode 16 of Play Your Part, which airs on Saturday, 30 December 2017.
The episode airs at 18:00 on SABC2.
Here’s how you can get involved with the good work of the guests on this episode:
Teffo runs Dimphonyana Tsa Lapeng with her mother. They give a home to and care for destitute children. There’s a particular focus on children facing challenges such as child-headed homes.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Twitter: @ShalateTeffo
- Facebook: Dimphonyana Tsa Lapeng “Little gifts of home”
Mazibuko started with a fashion label, Fabrosanz, which evolved into the House of Fabrosanz. It hosts lifestyle events such as style and beauty workshops, empowerment seminars and pop-up shops.
Mazibuko initially did the design and sewing of the clothes herself, but later created jobs – she now only designs and her team does the cutting and sewing.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: houseoffabrosanz.com/home
- Twitter: @FabroSanz
- Facebook: FabroSanz Creations
Mohamed is the CEO of the Greater Rape Intervention Project (Grip) in Nelspruit.
Grip, which was established in 2000, helps rape survivors and actively supports and enhances the work of the police, the National Prosecuting Authority, and the departments of Health, Justice and Social Development.
Play Your Part is broadcast at 18:00 on Saturdays on SABC2.
To get involved in playing your part in South Africa:
- Check out the conversation on Twitter: #GetInvolved; or
- Find out about initiatives on Play Your Part here.
Tell us how you Play Your Part through our social media channels:
- Follow us on Twitter: @PlayYourPartSA;
- Follow Brand South Africa on Twitter: @Brand_SA; or
- Like us on Facebook: Official Brand South Africa.
Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.