20 April 2004
The ninth edition of the evergreen Gardenex Garden and Flower show takes place at The Dome @ Northgate from 22 to 25 April, presenting an opportunity for trade buyers to view new products, delving into traditional as well as new markets.
Gardenex has become the premier show of its kind in South Africa, providing a platform for local and international representatives from the flower and plant industry to exchange ideas and technology, while highlighting a wide variety of industry leaders in flora, gardening and landscaping.
The show attracts a large number of foreign exhibitors and visitors, while many official delegations attend to explore opportunities for co-operation on technical and commercial matters.
Visitors will also find floriculture and landscaping products and services, garden furniture and accessories, and interesting design ideas. It’s all about diversity, innovation and opportunity.
Gardenex 2003 attracted just short of 24 000 people, confirming the expo as the largest and most popular floriculture show in the southern hemisphere.
The organisers, South Africa RAI, say exhibitors will include:
- Manufacturers of hothouses and tunnels, agricultural equipment and machinery, garden and gardening equipment.
- Chemicals,fertilisers and ancillary technology and services.
- Nurserymen, seed growers, fresh produce growers, marketing associations and distributors.
- Flower growers, importers and exporters.
- All related consumer gardening products, services and hardware.
- Simon Robinson, director of South Africa RAI, said the exhibition would bring together “over 170 of the country’s finest breeders, propagators, growers and general suppliers to the floriculture and landscaping industries.
“Past exhibitors have found Gardenex to be an effective method of targeting specific niche markets in a cost-effective way, marketing their products and services to suppliers, distributors and the general public.
“Gardenex 2004 exhibitors and visitors are invited to take part in a multi-faceted programme of colourful, interactive industry events. The events will provide insight into horticulture and landscaping and will give flower and garden enthusiasts the opportunity to see for themselves the spectacular results that they can achieve in their own gardens.”
For more information, visit the Gardenex website.
Source: South Africa RAI