24 December 2008
Living in the UK? Buy a pack of South African plums and stand to win a 12-day tour for two to discover the “Essential South Africa”. There are two trips to be won – plus five runner-up prizes of a case of South African wine.
Two lucky readers can each win a 12-day holiday for two touring the amazing country of South Africa. Your holiday will include stays in Cape Town, the winelands, the breathtaking Garden Route and, of course, the famous Kruger National Park, where you will go in search of the “Big Five”.
Plus five other lucky entries will each win a 12-bottle mixed case of superb South African wine.
How to enter
Entering our prize draw is easy.
- Simply collect one proof-of-purchase from any pack of South African plums that you see on sale (this can be the packet label from the product which clearly states that the origin is South Africa, together with the till receipt).
- Then send this, along with your name, address and a daytime contact telephone number, to:
- South African Plums Holiday Competition
- The Competition Centre
- Admail 3668
- London W1E 1RY
Terms and conditions
1. The promotion is open to Great Britain residents aged 18 years or over, other than employees of the promoter, their immediate families, agencies or any person connected with this competition.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. Entries are only valid if accompanied by a South African Plums label from the product packaging and the relevant receipt as proof of purchase. Only original labels and receipts will be accepted, no photocopies. Damaged and defaced labels or receipts will not be accepted.
4. No responsibility will be accepted for lost delayed, illegible or damaged entries. Proof of purchase will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. The winners of the prizes will be drawn at random by an independent person from all valid entries received. The first two people drawn will each win one of the two holiday prizes, and the next five people drawn will each win a runners-up prize.
6. The closing date for receipt of entries is 17/04/2009. The Draw will take place on 22/04/2009, and the winners notified in writing by 29/04/2009. To obtain details of the winners, send a self-addressed envelope to South African Plums Holiday Winners, The Competition Centre, ADMAIL 3668, London W1E 1RY, between 30/04/2009 and 31/05/2009.
7. There are two first prizes to be won of a 12-day holiday to South Africa for two people. The prize will include economy return flights from London to Cape Town and 12 nights’ “superior” accommodation. Accommodation is based on a double or twin room and bed-and-breakfast basis only. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided during your stay in the Kruger National Park.
The prize also includes category B car hire for seven days (including standard cover CDW and TLW and unlimited mileage), a half-day Table Mountain and City Tour in Cape Town, all game-viewing activities in the private game reserves, and private transfer on arrival in Cape Town.
Any further expenditure will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest. Travel is subject to travel/tour operators’ terms and conditions. Full details of itineraries, flights and hotel accommodation will be made available to the winner once identified.
Dates of departure are flexible (subject to availability), but travel must be booked by 30/06/2009 and travel completed by 31/03/2010. Holiday Insurance is the responsibility of the prize winner.
There are five additional runners-up prizes, each consisting of a 12-bottle mixed case of red and white South African wine.
8. The prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with ones of equivalent or greater value.
9. Entrants agree to be bound by all entry instructions of which these terms and conditions from a part.
10. The promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Promotional packs are subject to availability and while stocks last.
12. Your personal details will be used only for the purposes of this promotion and destroyed thereafter.
13. By entering this competition you agree to take part in advertising and any relevant public relations exercise undertaken by the promoter if you are selected as a winner.
Promoter: Deciduous Fruit Producers Trust, 285 Main Road, PO Box 163, Paarl 7622, South Africa. Do not send entries to this address.
Brand South Africa fully supports the competition, but is not involved in or responsible for its running. Please do not send entries or e-mail to Brand South Africa or SouthAfrica.info.