Here’s where to go for advice and complaints about travel agents, tourist operators and establishments – including searches for registered guides and graded accomodation.
Visit South African Tourism for information about South Africa. Or contact a particular provincial tourism authority:
- Eastern Cape Tourism: www.ectourism.co.za
- Free State Tourism: www.freestatetourism.gov.za
- Gauteng Tourism Authority: www.gauteng.net
- KwaZulu-Natal Tourism: www.zulu.org.za
- Limpopo Tourism Agency: www.golimpopo.com
- Mpumalanga Tourism & Parks Agency: www.mpumalanga.com
- Northern Cape Tourism Authority: www.northerncape.org.za
- North West Parks and Tourism Board: www.tourismnorthwest.co.za
- Cape Town and the Western Cape Tourism: www.tourismcapetown.co.za
Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Responsible for grading accommodation establishments. The council also handles complaints against member establishments, which include guesthouses, hotels, lodges, bed and breakfast and self-catering establishments. Searchable directory of members on the website – all graded for quality.
- Website: www.tourismgrading.co.za
Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa
Recognised by government as the official representative of the hospitality industry in South Africa. Will handle complaints against its members, which include operators and establishments across the tourism spectrum.
- Website: www.fedhasa.co.za
Southern Africa Tourism Services Association
Handle complaints against its members, which include operators, transport providers as well as establishments across the tourism spectrum. Searchable directory of members on its website.
- Website: www.satsa.co.za
Association of SA Travel Agents
For complaints about travel agents and tour operators. The association holds its members to a code of conduct. Find affiliated travel agents on its website.
- Website: www.asata.co.za
Reviewed: 13 July 2012
Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material