Supply Chain Officer
Apply for the "Supply Chain Officer" vacancy by emailing:
Attach your CV document.
Department of Finance
Salary: R366,882 - R447,970 (TCTC per annum)
Minimum years experience needed:
To provide administrative and tactical/technical support to the Supply Chain Manager and the department in the implementation and execution of supply chain processes and internal control policies and systems.
List of skills needed:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement
- 5 years of SCM experience in the public sector
Key Performance Areas:
- Development of the procurement plan
- Draft the Annual Procurement Plan for Supply Chain Manager to review
- Support the implementation of the procurement and annual performance plan.
2. Provide supply chain administration services
- Request quotations/proposal up to above R 500 000.00 within prescribed thresholds.
- Prepare quotation/proposals evaluations and apply PPPFA principles for approval.
- Place the approved order with the preferred supplier.
- Ensure that the supplier database is up to date and compliant
- Maintain a complete and accurate document management – RFQs.
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials.
- Preparation of monthly SCM reports
3. Supply Chain Management Reporting
- Prepare monthly SCM Reports (Acquisition Report, Non-Compliance Report and Contract Register Report
- Upload transaction above R 100 000 on National Treasury Contract Register Application (CRA)
- Upload outcome of the tender process in the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal and Brand South Africa Website
4. Supplier database administration
- Address any supplier database errors with the Procurement Administrator
- Approve the sharing of the Brand South Africa service providers and preferred suppliers with all Brand South Africa staff
- Manage the validity of compliance data for preferred suppliers through ensuring that relevant documentation is provided and updated annually
5. Provide general supply chain administration support
- Assist in tender administration processes (open tenders, ensure compliance with tendering processes)
- Follow up with internal users on planned procurement and outstanding requisitions
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Update and maintain the contract register
- Notify the user departments on expiring contracts
6. Tender management process
Bid Specification and Calls for Proposals
- Provide administrative support and advice at Bid Specification meetings to ensure that SCM policies are complied with for tenders
- Provide administrative support and advice in the development of Calls for Proposal to ensure that SCM policies are complied with
- Take minutes
Tender Documentation Preparation and Advertising
- Establish industry based tender compliance requirements through reviewing scope of the terms of reference and integrating the compliance requirements into the tender documentation as required.
- Distribute the draft tender advert template to facilitate the line manager drafting a tender advert
- Place advert in the Tender Bulletin, eTender Publication Portal and Brand South Africa Website for the required time period
- Receive tenders/proposals either through email or hard copy submitted tenders, implement the required tender receipt management process.
- Review submitted tenders/proposals for SCM compliance through checking submissions against the requirements defined in the Terms of Reference or Calls for Proposal.
- Prepare a report highlighting the compliant and non-compliant submissions with explanations to the Bid Evaluation Committee
Bid Evaluation Committee
- Schedule and convene a Bid Evaluation Committee through identifying key participants and distributing relevant materials
- Minute the Bid Evaluation Committee meeting through capturing the key aspects of the evaluation discussion
- Provide advice on compliance and SCM related matters as required at the Bid Evaluation Committee meeting
- Apply the BEE and Pricing formulae (PPPFA) to the tenderers that meet the Bid Evaluation assessment criteria and identify the highest rated tenders
- Prepare the packs for the Bid Adjudication Committee
Bid Adjudication Committee
- Arrange BAC Meetings and take minutes
- Manage the approval, signature and storage of BAC minutes and reports
- Document management (ensure that filling is completed accordingly)
Communication of the Bidding Process
- Manage the communication of the outcome of the BAC or Proposal Review process with successful and unsuccessful bidders in line with the established policy
- Refer any queries from bidders related to tender/proposal outcomes to SCM Manager
7. Contract management and administration
- Conduct SCM compliance checking of contracts that have been awarded and contracts on the contracts register to ensure compliance with the SCM policy
- Maintain the contract register for tenders through updating register with all contract changes monthly
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Public sector procurement experience is essential
- Execution and implementation of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) in the Public Sector Procurement
- National Treasury regulations (PFMA, PPPFA and B-BBEE)
- Reviewing and development of SCM Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Presentation and facilitation of SCM training, workshops and briefing sessions
- Preparation and writing of reports
- Minutes taking for Bid Committee meetings
- Tender/Bid administration/management (Bid Specification, Bid Evaluation and Bid Adjudication
- Attention to detail
- Diversity awareness
- Integrity and self-control
- Organised and planning ability
- Honest and Integrity
- Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality in executing tasks.
- Results oriented (output driven)
- Thorough and excellent follow-through ability
- Perform under pressure
- Above average level of perceptiveness and discernment
- Service oriented, i.e. desire to serve and customer oriented
- Multitasking Ability
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Deadline orientated
- High energy and drive
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Please include certified copies of ID, and qualifications and contact details of at least 3 referees.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people with disabilities, White, Indian (male/female) as per EE requirements
This position is subject to competency assessments. Brand South Africa retains the right not to employ.
Apply for the "Supply Chain Officer" vacancy by emailing:
Provide your contact details as well.