Apply for the "Researcher" vacancy by emailing:
Attach your CV document.
Department of Marketing and Communications
Salary: R343, 524.00 (TCTC per annum)
Minimum years experience needed:
The Researcher will work directly with the Research Manager and General Manager in conducting cross industry primary and secondary research on a variety of business, socio political and international topics utilizing a number of resources, internal and external, paper and electronic, including web-based and online databases.
List of skills needed:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences/Marketing/Research.
- Post Grad Degree in Research or Social Sciences/Humanities will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Social Sciences & Market Research.
Key Performance Areas:
- Participate in the development of Brand South Africa Research Business Strategy
- Contribute input into the overall conceptualisation and development of the Brand South Africa Research strategy
- Contribute to the brand performance monitoring strategy and operations
- Manage and update key country performance indicators derived from 3rd party and primary research sources.
- Support the organisational strategy development and brand research planning processes both domestic and internationally for Brand South Africa.
- Conceptualisation and development of new research reports and analytics that informs specific marketing, communications and reputation management decisions.
- Develop market forecasts for all marketed and planned products based on robust market analysis, including target market segmentation, market access, marketing programs and competitive intelligence, dashboards/trackers, trend and performance reporting.
- Primary and secondary brand and portfolio market research efforts. Supports Strategic Marketing teams and stakeholder teams to communicate Nation Brand capabilities and competitive advantage.
- Develop the insights required for communication briefs for use by marketing in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives.
- Research and Development
- Interacts extensively with all areas of the business particularly marketing, stakeholder, communication and Global Markets to develop new ideas for Nation Brand research.
- Provide support for Brand South Africa research reference groups, report writing and analysis of stakeholder engagement sessions.
- Support Research Manager with the planning, research and analysis work needed for the SA Competitiveness Forum.
- Support Research Manager with the analysis and updating of Nation Brand Performance presentations & indicators.
- Work with Research Manager on the development of target market environment analysis for both domestic and international operations
- Manage and design data tables and instruments to visually and concisely present research findings, research results and indicators shared with Brand South Africa stakeholders.
- Support the research unit with administrative duties: Maintain updated Portfolio of Evidence for all projects; Support the unit’s financial management and SCM processes; Maintain an updated calendar of research activities for planning & reporting purposes.
- Stakeholder Relations
- Support Research Manager with development of presentations, analysis, and planning for feedback sessions with Brand South Africa stakeholders.
- Serve as the critical point person with stakeholders (internal): receive and document requests for data, queries and analytics; answer questions; and follow-up with clients after data and analytics are delivered to ensure stakeholder needs are met.
- Undertake, synthesize, package and present brand and portfolio market research efforts according to the needs of stakeholders (internal and external). Extract key insights from projects to inform and share with internal- and external stakeholders.
- Conduct in-depth reference interviews with stakeholders to identify key questions to be addressed by the research as well as the nature and purpose of the deliverable.
- Planning and Organising
- Assist Research Manager with the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports (on content, financial and resource utilisation).
- Financial Management/oversight and compliance
- Assist Research Manager with budget planning for research projects.
- Manage financial resources cost effectively.
Required Technical Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- High level of knowledge of the range of social science research methods including both quantitative and qualitative; developed writing & communication skills.
- Brand/System Contribution: Knowledge of the concepts of nation and place brand management; knowledge of key domestic and international social, political and economic trends and ability to interpret multiple sets of information/data to apply to specific projects.
- Research Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative concepts, models and tools to create a proprietary advantage for Brand South Africa.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data into insights to inform the development of content that conveys the Nation Brand’s value proposition and differentiates it from others in the competitive field.
- Specialisation in South African/African socio-political and international political-economic dynamics. Including policy analysis capability.
- Research software and tools.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Research project planning, implementation, and analysis of data.
- Presentation & public speaking skills.
- Development and management of questionnaires/surveys and data capturing techniques.
- Project Management.
- Stakeholder Relations.
- Knowledge management.
- Verbal Communication.
- Written Communication.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy.
- High energy and drive.
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Please include certified copies of ID, and qualifications not older than 3 months and contact details of at least 3 referees.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people living with disabilities as well as African males, Coloured males and females, Indian males and White males and females.
This position is subject to competency assessments. Brand South Africa retains the right not to employ.
If you have not heard from us in three months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply for the "Researcher" vacancy by emailing:
Provide your contact details as well.