Country Head: China (Ref.1)
Apply for the "Country Head: China (Ref.1)" vacancy by emailing:
Attach your CV document.
Department of Marketing and Communications
Salary: R 947 598,00 (TCTC per annum)
Minimum years experience needed:
To contribute to the development of reputation management, marketing and communications strategies by managing Brand South Africa’s Country Office responsibilities in China. This includes promoting South Africa as a competitive destination by managing and implementing the brand and communications programmes in partnership with stakeholders.
List of skills needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science / Economics / Sales and Marketing / Business Management / Communications or equivalent
- Postgraduate degree in Political Science / Economics / Sales and Marketing / Business Management (e.g. MBA) will be an added advantage.
- 5+ year’s combined experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and Stakeholder Relations at a senior / management level.
- A relevant foreign language will be an added advantage (e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese).
- International relations experience or function in an international coordination role.
- General understanding of the political and legislative environment (domestic and international).
- Thorough knowledge of the workings of the business and macro-economic environment (domestic and international).
- Understanding the socio economic environment (domestic and international) and sound strategic understanding of interpreting issues into actions plans.
- Working knowledge of systems and processes and how they contribute to organisational performance.
- Advanced knowledge of how to determine value from a customer perspective.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of PFMA and Supply Chain Management frameworks.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead on the development of programme specific in- market communications and marketing projects and initiatives.
- With reference to Brand South Africa’s business plan, with priority stakeholders, unpack research, conduct workshop and help develop the operational plans that will ensure delivery of a project /delivery of initiatives / campaigns in line with the Head Office integrated marketing and communications programme and stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for the presence and the share of voice of South Africa in the market.
- Establish relationships with the right decision-makers and influencers and canvass all input from geographic and stakeholder plans and target group information.
- Roll out and implement the Marketing and Communications plans for Brand South Africa’s Country Office in China with guidance and support from Head Office.
- Promote Brand South Africa, projects / campaign / initiative to the relevant stakeholders and decision-makers / beneficiaries to ensure buy-in in terms of the content, tone, influence, roll-out mechanism(s), budget, audience target(s), collaborative ownership, time lines and output.
- Gather feedback stakeholder inputs, research, scanning of the environment, and other relevant information (budgets, changing priorities) back to Marketing and Communications for the refinement and amendment in the activation plans to ensure sign-off.
- Build, maintain and enhance relations with key stakeholders in-market towards the promotion of the Nation Brand.
- Draft an in market strategy that will help deliver on the overall business strategy imperatives of the market.
- Enhance relations with stakeholders towards the promotion of the Nation Brand reputation, domestically and Internationally.
- Ability to identify and co-create engagements and initiatives that will enhance South Africa’s reputation.
- Provide in market insights (market, political, interest, and business) to Head Office.
- Risk Management.
- Active participation in the risk review process through identification of emerging risks in the market.
- Ongoing monitoring and mitigating existing risks in the area of responsibility (operational risks).
- Ensure compliance, monitoring and timeous reporting of operational plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the stakeholder-implemented initiatives (including risks) and reflect this in the quarterly reporting in accordance with the contracted performance measurement and business plan scorecard of the organization.
- To scan the wider public policy environment to identify and exploit opportunities for future work where supportive of the strategic aims of Brand South Africa and to develop leads to establish relationships with public policymakers and influencers and identify opportunities for joint future work where appropriate. (E.g. new international relations strategy, diplomacy rules for sectors and geographic regions).
- Ensure adherence to the corporate identity, copyright, correct representation, referencing, necessary for Brand South Africa support to effect the objectives of the stakeholder roll-out plans.
- This function also entails brand health monitoring to ensure brand alignment.
- Monitor resource spend and financial expenditure in accordance with the approved project plans.
- Provide timely input into the organizational statutory documents (strategic plan, performance plan, quarterly reports, Annual Report).
- Financial management/oversight.
- Budget management through effective oversight of budget against expenditure.
- Expenditure management which includes tracking and monitoring.
- Compliance with Head Office SCM processes.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Strategic ability.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Media Management skills.
- Manage diverse expectations and perceptions effectively and assertively.
- Ability to pitch stories to top tier publications in response to developments in the South African communication environment.
- Ability to develop content for media across various platforms – including print, broadcast and digital.
- Ability to implement reputation and crisis management strategies.
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills to engage credibly with stakeholders at different levels and with different needs (public relations).
- Marketing skills.
- Competent in Project Management and lateral leadership, i.e. ability to manage processes involving various role players, at times across time zones to ensure the desired outcome
- Excellent proposal and account / portfolio planning ability as well as excellent strategic reporting.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Results-oriented (output driven).
- Thorough and excellent follow-through ability.
- Willingness to work extended hours and travel substantively (within and across borders).
- Above average level of perceptiveness and discernment i.e. know how to read situations correctly and respond accordingly to instil confidence and direction.
- Networking ability.
- Service orientated.
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Please include certified copies of ID and qualifications not older than 6 months and contact details of at least 3 referees. Failure to provide the duly required certified documents, will result in your application being disqualified.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people living with disabilities , as well as African Males, Indian Males, Coloured Males and Females and White Males and Females.
This position is subject to competency assessments. Brand South Africa retains the right not to employ.
To apply for the above position, please forward a relevant CV in MS Word format, certified copies of ID and qualifications not older than six (6) months quoting the reference number to pinpoint one human resources via email.
Ref.1 and Ref.2 to email@example.com
Ref.3 and Ref 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries contact: Lucia Mabasa on (011) 325 5101.
The closing date and time: Friday 27th March 2020 at 16h00.
To view the full job profile, please go to:www.brandsouthafrica.com
If you have not heard from us in three months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply for the "Country Head: China (Ref.1)" vacancy by emailing:
Provide your contact details as well.