Chief Marketing Officer
Apply for the "Chief Marketing Officer" vacancy by emailing:
Attach your CV document.
Department of Marketing and Communications
Salary: R2 011, 339.00 (TCTC per annum)
Minimum years experience needed:
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of an organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO’s primary responsibility is to generate value by leading in the development and implementation of the marketing strategy through successful marketing of the entire organization, using market research, stakeholder relations, brand positioning, communications, advertising, reputation management and public relations. The CMO ensures the organization’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet business objectives. Today, this means seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video and social media.
List of skills needed:
- Must possess extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines such as brand strategy development, marketing strategy development and implementation, information technology, legal and finance.
- Understand the trends of the market and direct the business/brand strategy and market research efforts of the organisation.
- Stakeholder management.
- Strategic and cost-effective marketing.
- Team management.
- Media circle nationally and internationally.
- Knowledge of the public and private sector operational functioning.
- Politically savvy.
- Knowledge of the marketing and communications function.
- Superb strategic, creative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate customer and brand advocacy.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, and service marketing.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, service marketing, promotion etc.).
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels.
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc).
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM).
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Employees and Supplier Management.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- High energy and drive.
- Affinity to work with diverse clients including government.
- High ethical standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Participate in the development of Brand South Africa Strategic Plan
- Contribute to the development of and operate according to the Brand South Africa 3-year strategic plan and annual business plan.
- Develop, implement and manage the Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Translate the 3-year strategy into annual performance plans and budgets. Develop and implement the Marketing and Communications Strategy and budget aligned with the overall Brand South Africa business plan for the year. Facilitate MANCO, EXCO, MARCO, Board and stakeholder input to ensure buy-in on the Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Finding creative ways to achieve more with less (e.g. sponsorships).
- Invoke inspiration through the marketing and communications strategy to inspire stakeholder buy-in and current and future employees to work for Brand South Africa.
- The marketing and communications strategy must lead to the creation of corporate messaging and targeted marketing and communication methods to drive and influence Brand SA’s goals of building SA’s brand and reputation.
- To ensure that the marketing and communications strategy (including a fundraising and resource development strategy, brand position and value positioning strategy) is translated into a framework and then cascaded to relevant employees so that they understand how they must develop their action plans. Identify market/customer opportunities, manage positioning strategy and develop supporting tools for the Strategic Partnering and Market Expansion initiatives.
- Generate innovation in the activation of strategy to be more effective in achieving the Brand South Africa mandate.
- Input into research strategy and briefs for the brand intelligence function of the organisation.
- Develop marketing and communication action plans to bring the strategy alive (including an issue plan, crisis plan, media management techniques).
- Manage the brand position and communications framework.·
- Define and develop marketing tools and collateral (including missions, road shows, marketing campaigns and publications, branding, advertising, website, promotional campaigns and management thereof).
- Develop a digital media management action plan (e.g. Twitter, YouTube and other social networks).
- Planning and Organising (Actively supports Stakeholder engagements)
- Activate the strategic marketing input in the stakeholder strategy, i.e. actively promote organisational brand image, messaging and a positioning strategy within the stakeholder base (e.g. participate in appropriate local, regional and national clusters as required).
- Assist in the customisation of content to serve specific stakeholder needs (all tiers of government, corporate and civil).
- Be responsive and proactive in overcoming barriers to achieving the BRAND SA mandate (e.g. in briefing media directly or preparing content for media).
- Contribute to developing the content for MOUs with stakeholders and ensure that stakeholders deliver according to the MOU’s.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports (on content, financial and staff, etc).
- Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting (including risk)
- Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing strategy (including risks) and reflect this in the quarterly report in accordance with the developed performance measurement structure of the organisation.
- Monitoring and reporting on departmental plans
- Monitor the achievement of departmental plans through monthly and quarterly progress reports (on content, financial and staff, etc)
- Compliance to all legislation impacting on BRAND SA including reporting on a marketing and communications-related risk management plan (e.g. content that may be considered controversial in ad campaigns)
- Act as the co-ordinating spokesperson for Brand SA
- Media training in consultation with stakeholders
- Organisational Management and Governance
- Compliance and policy development and implementation of the corporate identity. QA (Quality assure) the look and feel, quality and physical collateral of advertisements, briefs, etc.
- Develop policies (e.g. media management and corporate sponsorships).
- Performance management of relevant supplier relations and inputting the specs for supplier relations management (where performance management system sits in Operations) and contributing to the SLAs.
- Ensure structured and regular engagement with the GCIS role counterpart.
- Support BRAND SA team members by providing capacity and information when needed.
- To participate actively in the advisory clusters.
- Staff management and development
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient direction so desired business outcomes can be achieved.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Responsible for internal communications to staff.
- Performance Management – ensure that team members achieve their Performance Objectives as per individual agreements.
- Staff development, motivation and training.
- Recruit respective staff and select.
- Directly manage the workplace climate through actively living the brand.
- Financial management/ oversight and compliance
- Budget planning and allocation and monitor expenditure in accordance with strategic objectives and ensure compliance with relevant policies.
- Manage financial resources cost effectively.
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Please include certified copies of ID, and qualifications not older than 3 months and contact details of at least 3 referees.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people living with disabilities as well as African males, Coloured males and females, Indian males and White males and females.
This position is subject to competency assessments. Brand South Africa retains the right not to employ.
If you have not heard from us in three months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply for the "Chief Marketing Officer" vacancy by emailing:
Provide your contact details as well.