BRAND SOUTH AFRICA
Brand SA aims to contribute to the objectives of the National Development Plan (NDP) by undertaking coordinated initiatives to build South Africa’s reputation and contribute to the country’s global competitiveness. It also aims to inspire and instill pride and patriotism amongst South Africans and to drive active citizenry.
DIGITAL AND NEW MEDIA MANAGER
REF: DNMM: 001
SALARY: R662 857 – R805 299 (CTC)
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the primary websites of Brand SA, for creating and/or acquiring content for websites, email newsletters and other online communications media such as podcasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- MFA Digital Media, Interaction Design, or related degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing digital content
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop the Web Content Strategy and Budgets
- Develop Brand SA’s online presence (incl. websites) communications and marketing strategy, budget, risk management plan, aligned with the overall Brand SA’s strategy.
- Develop Web Content Policies and procedures
- Develop web content policies and procedures and implement new streamlined processes, which maximize efficiencies and ensure all projects, resources and activities, are monitored and delivered in the most cost effective manner.
- Manage Brand SA’s Website Content
- Ensure that the web content and other marketing material are translated to the prescribed (international and national) languages and made available online.
- Coordinate web projects across departments
- Ensure that the web content teams work with cross-functional teams, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Managing the development of interactive interface applications (e.g.Brand SA vendor/supplier database, bloggers spheres, job adverts, tenders, etc).
- Initiating and organising, reviewing, writing, editing and maintaining content.
- Managing Brand SA Vendor/Supplier Database process and ensure that the web team works with IT and Finance departments to comply with procurement guidelines.
- Work with the Communications Manager: PR and Media to produce and maintain relevant and up to date documentation on the web site and supporting systems and to manage the prioritisation and assignment of relevant web team resources and projects.
- Schedule and produce relevant editorial, promotional and marketing content for the media related web sites.
- Maintain a consistent brand, look and feel throughout all websites (e.g. southafrica.info, Brand SA, the Bloggers Sites, media club, brand alignment portal, etc.)
- Manage the structure of Brand SA Websites: maintain the website and portal including content and design layout and ensure the provision of quality information about Brand SA initiatives, developments on economic, political and social fronts.
- Ensure the operational integrity of the online presence, websites, applications and infrastructure.
- Design mobile sites: Design and manage e-library for Brand SA reflecting, inter alia, categorised photographs according to key projects
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Co-ordination and strategy of digital marketing project
- Implement project in accordance with set requirements and on time
- Assist Brand SA members to executive social media plan objectives
- Internal Communications and Direct Campaign Communications Management
- Manage various databases and direct communications requirements from the internal stakeholders
- Managing the integrations into new and existing campaigns
- Social Media Platform Monitoring
- Review, manage and moderate the various social media platforms Brand SA owns
- On-line Reputation Management reporting and reviews
- Trend-spotting, social media tactical opportunities and general usage recommendations
- Co-ordination with agencies around the various campaigns and specific social media activations
- Manage and analyse social networks (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to reach a greater audience.
- Provide management and leadership to the web staff resources and work collaboratively with other teams, management, stakeholders with IT support in ensuring the day-to-day site presentation, layout and updates for the relevant websites along with the development of new content, new features within new marketing and promotional activity
- Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting
- Evaluate the reach, impact of Brand SA media tools. Reporting on statistics and usage on website and recommend to senior management
- Stakeholder Relations
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and stakeholders to ensure sites meet Brand SA’s mandate and to ensure that the Brand SA’s web presence meets best practice standards within the web environment and that align with the brand strategy platform, and meet Brand SA Marketing strategies.
- Financial management/oversight and compliance
- Budget planning and allocation and monitor expenditure in accordance with strategic objectives and ensure compliance with relevant policies
- Manage financial resources cost effectively.
- Planning and Organising
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports (on content, financial and staff, etc)
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Website development
- Graphic Design
- Media management
- Stakeholder Relations
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Managing workplace climate
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Follow through
- Organisational awareness and dynamics
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Brand South Africa welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Please include certified copies of ID and qualifications as well as contact details of at least 3 referees.
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is: Friday the 13th March 2015
These positions are subject to competency assessments. Brand SA retains the right not to employ.
If you have not heard from us in three months, please consider your application unsuccessful.