Brand South Africa aims to contribute to the objectives of the National Development Plan (NDP) by undertaking coordinated initiatives to build South Africa’s nation brand reputation and contribute to the country’s global competitiveness; and to inspire and instil pride and patriotism amongst the “rainbow” nation to drive active citizenship and nation brand advocacy.
COUNTRY MANAGER X2: United Kingdom and USA (Based in London and in New York)
Three (3) years fixed term contract (Salary: Negotiable)
• Manage South Africa’s reputation and influence relationships with key stakeholders.
• Promote South Africa as a competitive destination by managing and implementing SA brand and communications programmes in partnership with stakeholders and with guidance from Head Office.
• Build and implement a media relations programme to drive awareness of SA as a competitive destination.
• Build and enhance the Global South Africans (GSA) programme and ensure alignment to the integrated GSA programme.
• Manage SA’s online reputation in-market and with support from Head Office.
• Develop and circulate content for stakeholder and media relations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science / Economics / Sales and Marketing / Business Management, Postgraduate degree in Political Science / Economics / Sales and Marketing / Business Management (e.g. MBA) (Preference)
Experience and knowledge
• 5+ years combined experience in marketing, communications, public relations, stakeholder relations, at a senior level
• Track record of successfully brokering / negotiating collaborations and joint ventures in a highly political / pressured environment
• Comprehensive understanding of the political and legislative environment (domestic and international)
• Thorough knowledge of the workings of the business and macroeconomic environment (domestic and international)
• Knowledge of civil society and understanding the socio economic environment (domestic and international)
• Working knowledge of systems and processes and how they contribute to organisational performance
• Advanced knowledge of how to determine value from a customer perspective
For any technical enquiries relating to this position, please contact Ms Wendy Tlou +27 -11 712 5006
Only South Africans who reside in the UK and with legitimate working papers are eligible to apply.
NB: These positions are subject to competency and psychometric testing.